About the Sacco
Umoja Wendani Sacco is a savings and credit co-operative Society registered under the ministry of Co-operative Development.
Its coined name “Umoja Wendani” is meant to describe a Sacco which is bound by “Unity in Love” within the Presbyterian Church of East Africa
How to Join
- Carry your ID photocopy & 2 passport size photos
- Register with Kshs. 1,000 (individuals) & Ksh.5,000 (corporate).
- Buy a passbook Kshs. 50.
- Buy 250 shares @ Kshs. 20 each that is Kshs.5,000.
- Save a minimum of Kshs. 500 & pay Insurance
Kshs. 50 per month
Benefits of Joining
- New source of income through dividends and a means of savings.
- Educational seminars for our members and save in a Christian environment.
- We also have Umoja Wendani Housing cooperative Society. Register Kshs.3000
Buy shares Kshs.1000 minimum savings
Kshs.500 per month.
Buy a passbook Kshs. 50.
Who Can Join
The membership is open to:
- Members of Nairobi East presbytery and their Children.
- Corporate Groups registered with the government (mostly Self Help Groups), the group members must also come from their PCEA Nairobi Presbytery.
When getting a Loan...
- Guarantors: Whenever taking a loan you are required to provide us with at least 3 guarantors to cover the difference between the loan and your deposits.
- Penalty of Kshs. 50 per month for late loan repayment
- Lump sum/boosting in savings for the purpose of loan application must
wait for 6 months.